Microsoft Excel is a powerful spreadsheet tool developed by Microsoft to perform calculations, analysis, tabling and visualization of data and information.
The first and oldest type of computer spreadsheet was VisiCalc, the name was derived from (for "visible calculator"). It was the first spreadsheet tool for PC users - personal computers users and originally released for Apple II by VisiCorp, then followed by Lotus 1-2-3.
Lotus 1-2-3 was introduced by Lotus Software, it was the standard spreadsheet throughout the 1980s and up to the 1990s and was later discontinued and replaced by Microsoft Excel powered by Microsoft.
The uses and benefits are enormous, some of which are:
1. It helps to properly organize information and helps to process data by the use of columns and rows with formulas and graphing tools.
2. Microsoft Excel is used by Managers, Entrepreneurs, Programmers, Clerks, Accountants and Book-Keepers to manage day to day business operations like sales, calculations, organizing information, graphing tools, pivot tables, analysis, presentations etc.
3. Vlookup(): This feature or function helps to search for a particular value in a table.
4. Pie Chart: This feature is used to properly visualize the contribution of certain values to a complete pie diagram.
5. Mixed or Combination Type Charts: This function combines and displays two or more chart types in a single chart.
6. Data Validation: Data validation makes sure that users enter a particular set of values into a cell.
7. IFERROR Function: IFERROR is used to return a result when a formula generates an error and a typical result when no error is found.
8. Remove Duplicates: This feature helps to get rid of diplicates information and retain only the original.
9. Conditional Formatting: It allows users to change the format of a cell and allows users to highlight errors and to find important patterns in data.
10. Microsoft Excel can also be used for some advanced calculations, tabulations, sorting and complex computations.
11. Microsoft Excel offers easy arrangements and storage of data.
12. Excel offers analysis of large amount of data.
13. Excel offers graphical representation of data.
14. Excel helps to calculate in percentages and offers application of formulas.
15. Excel helps to create simple sales analysis report.
16. Excel offers data formating: such as enter data, edit data, filter data, sort list of data, link data, format numbers, adjust font, data placements and alignments.
In the Full course, you will learn everything you need to know about Microsoft Excel from Basics, Advance up to Professional level with Certification of Completion to showcase your knowledge.
Microsoft Excel Basics
Microsoft Excel - Getting Started with Excel
Microsoft Excel - Creating and Opening Workbooks
Microsoft Excel - Saving and Sharing Workbooks
Microsoft Excel - Cell Basics
Microsoft Excel - Modifying Columns, Rows, and Cells
Microsoft Excel - Formatting Cells
Microsoft Excel - Worksheet Basics
Microsoft Excel - Page Layout
Microsoft Excel - Printing Workbooks
Microsoft Excel Formulas and Functions
Microsoft Excel - Simple Formulas
Microsoft Excel - Complex Formulas
Microsoft Excel - Relative and Absolute Cell References
Microsoft Excel - Functions
Microsoft Excel Working with Data
Microsoft Excel - Freezing Panes and View Options
Microsoft Excel - Sorting Data
Microsoft Excel - Filtering Data
Microsoft Excel - Groups and Subtotals
Microsoft Excel - Tables
Microsoft Excel - Charts
Microsoft Excel - Sparklines
Microsoft Excel Advanced
Microsoft Excel - Track Changes and Comments
Microsoft Excel - Finalizing and Protecting Workbooks
Microsoft Excel - Conditional Formatting
Microsoft Excel - PivotTables
Microsoft Excel - What-If Analysis
Microsoft Excel Exams and Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
The Scholarship offer gives you opportunity to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $50 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2019. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology. All Rights Reserved.