Electrical Safety is the technical measures put in place to prevent harmful and dangerous electrical hazards on workers and equipments that may arise from electrical surges and mishaps.
Electrical Safety can also be defined as the precautionary measures observed to prevent harmful and dangerous electrical effect on employees and equipments such as electric shocks, electrocution, injuries, explosion, fire outbreak and many others.
1. It provides safety and confidence in our homes and workplaces.
2. It helps employees understand the types of electrical hazards, how they occur and the proper precautions required to handle electricity and electrical devices.
3. It reduces the chances of explosion, injuries or death in electrical environment.
4. It helps to mitigate the danger of electricity especiallly in industrial areas by providing workers with the right practices and exposures in dealing with electricity and electrical devices.
5. It reduces the cost of equipments insurance and maintenance.
6. It helps to easily detect electrical faults.
7. It creates job opportunity for electricians.
8. It creates self-employment opportunity.
The following are some of the causes of electrical hazards:
1. High Surge from Power Station Supply
2. Over-loading of Electrical Lines and Devices
3. Liquid Exposures
4. Faulty or Inadequate Wiring
5. Faulty Electrical Devices
6. Faulty Transformers
7. Short Circuit
8. Mishandling of Electrical Devices and Machineries
9. Faulty or Damaged Insulations
1. Fuse: A Fuse is an electrical device that has the capability to protect an electric circuit from excessive electric current.
2. Circuit Breaker: Circuit breakers are electrical devices that protect circuits from overload current conditions.
3. Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter: A ground fault circuit interrupter is an electrical device designed to detect any tiny mismatch in currents, going into and out of the circuit, in order to prevent electrocution.
4. Surge Protectors: Surge protectors are electrical devices designed to protect our homes and appliances against sudden spikes in electrical current.
Electrical Safety offers lightning and earthing protection systems which are essential for protection of humans, structures and protection of properties from destruction caused by lightning effects and associated risks of fire, transmission lines, electrical equipment shocks and unexpected high current surge or voltage.
Electrical Safety offers insulation systems which are essential for protection against direct electric shocks from positive wires and high tension cables.
Electrical Safety Standards are developed by various government and agencies. They are targeted towards the quality of electrical products that are sold worldwide. In most markets, it is mandatory for electrical products to conform to safety standards promulgated by safety and standard agencies. To conform to Electrical Standards, the product must pass certain safety test such as:
1. High Voltage Test (also called as Dielectric Voltage, Withstand Test or High Potential Test),
2. Insulation Resistance Test,
3. Ground (Earth) Bond Test,
4. Ground Continuity Test,
5. Leakage Test,
6. Earth Leakage Current Test,
7. Enclosure Leakage Current Test.
In the Full course, you will learn everything you need to know about Electrical Safety with Diploma Certificate to showcase your knowledge.
Electrical Safety - Introduction
Electrical Safety - Power System
Electrical Safety - Low Voltage Overload Protection
Electrical Safety - Short Circuit Protection
Electrical Safety - Earth Fault Protection
Electrical Safety - Earthing
Electrical Safety - Types of the Supply System
Electrical Safety - Cables
Electrical Safety - Classification of Hazard-Prone Areas
Electrical Safety - Safety Measures Related to Gas/Ducts/Fibre material
Electrical Safety - Classification of Temperature
Electrical Safety - Protection Against Weather Complexities
Electrical Safety - Safe Electrical Equipment Design Characteristics
Electrical Safety - Test Certifications
Electrical Safety - Procedure to Mark Unprotected Equipment
Electrical Safety - Maintenance of Unprotected Equipment
Electrical Safety - Duties and Obligations
Electrical Safety - Primary Ex-Protection
Electrical Safety - Secondary Ex-Protection
Electrical Safety - Precautions Against Highly Flammable Contents
Electrical Safety - Safety Measures During Handling Lighting Protection Equipment
Electrical Safety - Bonding
Electrical Safety - Transformer Safety
Electrical Safety - Motor Handling Safety
Electrical Safety - Generator Handling Safety
Electrical Safety - Crane Handling Safety
Electrical Safety - Safety Measures During Preventive Maintenance
Electrical Safety - Types of Safety Equipment
Electrical Safety - Implications of Human Behaviour
Electrical Safety - Do's and Don'ts
Electrical Safety - Exams and Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
The Scholarship offer gives you opportunity to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $50 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2019. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology. All Rights Reserved.