Computer Security is the combined steps and measures that is taken specifically to detect and stop unauthorized access to a computer system. It is also a process of securing data items that are sensitive on the computer from trespassers or intruders.
Some of the advantages of computer security includes:
1. It provides protection from hackers and intruders.
2. It helps to secure against data loss and theft.
3. It reduces the chance of getting virus attacks from the internet with the help of antivirus.
4. It reduces the chance of unauthorized access.
5. It allows the encryption of data which secures the content being sent or communicated.
6. It creates job opportunity for I.T security experts.
7. It can serve as source of self employment.
8. It allows employees to work safely in work places.
9. It gives adequate privacy to users.
10. It minimizes cost of computer maintenance because computer freezing and crashes are reduced.
1. Information Sharing Security: This talks about the security of information, such as the type or level of information we share without knowing, how dangerous it could be to one's company or to one’s self, which implies that more care and caution has to be taken in divulging sensitive information and the person who is requesting such information must have the necessary or appropriate clearance or authorization.
2. Multiple Layers Security: This is important as it helps to tighten the security of a computer or software application. Multiple Layers Secuity helps to frustrate the intruder or hacker activities because it gives the hacker a hard time trying to penetrate knowing that after one layer there are still many other layers to try to penetrate.
3. Security Softwares: The use of security softwares such as Antivirus, Firewalls and Antimalwares to protects against all sort of Viruses and Malwares like Trojans, Worms that could harm or lead to loss of useful pieces of information on the computer.
4. Encryption Security: This is the process of providing adequate encryption layers such as:
A. SSL - Secure Socket Layer which provides encryption between clients and server over the network or internet.
B. SSH - Secure Shell which provides encryption between host and host over the internet.
5. Back-Up Systems: This is the necessity of backing up one's data and information just incase the unexpected happens. Back-ups Security can be done via the following:
A. Local Backups: such as External Hard-Drives, Flash Drives, CD, DVD and other Removable Disks.
B. Online Backups: such as Cloud Backups, Server Backups, Network Attached Storage (NAS) and Storage Area Network (SAN).
6. Security Policies: As a system administrator, it is important to formulate policies that guides computer usages which ranges from:
A. User Policy,
B. I.T Policy,
C. Permissive Policy,
D. Prudent Policy,
E. Acceptance User Policy,
F. User Account Policy,
G. Special Access Policy,
H. Remote Access Policy,
I. Firewall Management Policy.
1. Never to share passwords or passphrases.
2. Do not click random links.
3. Deploy encryption whenever available.
4. Remove unnecessary programs or applications that are not in use.
5. Always scan your computers with Antiviruses and Antimalwares.
6. Always run Automatic Updates.
7. Always run Disk clean up and Defragmentation.
8. Always clear browser history and cache when using public computer.
In the Full Course you will learn everything you need to know about Computer Security with Diploma Certificate to showcase your knowledge for career advancement.
Computer Security - Introduction/Overview
Computer Security - Elements
Computer Security - Terminologies
Computer Security - Layers
Computer Security - Securing OS
Computer Security - Antiviruses
Computer Security - Malwares
Computer Security - Encryption
Computer Security - Data Backup
Computer Security - Disaster Recovery
Computer Security - Network
Computer Security - Policies
Computer Security - Checklist
Computer Security - Legal Compliance
Computer Security - Exams and Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
The Scholarship offer gives you opportunity to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $50 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2019. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology. All Rights Reserved.