Computer Programming is the organized method and process of designing and building computer programs to solve problems or to accomplish a specific computing task.
Programming have existed as far back as 1206 AD. Machine code was the early language of computer programs, as at then it was written in binary notations. Assembly language was later developed that allows programmer specify instruction in a text format.
The first standard computing program was introduced in 1843, when a mathematician named Ada Lovelace developed an algorithm to solve a sequence of Bernoulli numbers using Charles Babbage's Analytical Engine.
1. It enhances effective communication between the computer and the programmer.
2. It extend the work of a computer to function according to programmer's algorithm.
3. It is used to build softwares and applications used in various fields and sectors such medicals, agriculture, accounting, management etc.
4. It is used to build both desktop, web and mobile applications.
5. It serves as source of self-employment.
6. It provides lots of job opportunities globally.
7. It provides applications that makes life easier.
8. It enhances business operations and growth.
9. Computer programs have increased our socialization via the use of web and mobile applications for chats, business e.t.c
10. Computer programs help us simplify our work, save much time and increase productivity in work places.
Computer programming tasks generally involves these major steps:
1. Analysis of Problem and Solution.
2. Generating Algorithms for the Solution,
3. Profiling Algorithms' Accuracy and Resource Consumption, and
4. Choosing the right programming language for the job.
5. The Implementation of Algorithms in a chosen or preferred programming language known as coding.
The person who codes or writes programming language algorithm to solve problems or to achieve a specifc computing task is known as the Programmer or Coder.
Algorithm can be defined as the step by step approach or method in solving a given problem. Algorithm expression involves the use of variables and data types.
Variables are memory location for storing data in a computer program. The value of variables can change during the execution of the program. We have two types of variables:
i. String variable,
ii. Numeric variables.
Data Types are data attributes which instructs the compiler or interpreter how the programmer intends to use the data.
Data types that exist across major programming languages like C, Java and Python are: Ch, int, arrays, list, numbers (float, decimals etc), string etc.
The tools used in writing programs ranges from Text Editors, IDEs, Compilers and Interpreters.
Compiler: A compiler is used to convert the program file to binary file.
Text Editors: These are softwares used in writing raw codes.
Interpreters: Interpreters are used to read and execute programs directly without any conversion.
IDEs: also known as Integrated Development Environment (IDE) is a software application that provides comprehensive coder interface environment to computer programmers for software development. An IDE usually consists of: source code editor, automation tools and a debugger.
There are hundreds of Programming Languages in existence, ranging from low-level language to high level programming languages. The most popular and commonly used ones are as follows:
1. C Programming Language
2. C# Programming Language
3. C++ Programming Language
4. Fortran Programming Language
5. Pascal Programming Language
6. Perl Programming Language
7. PHP Programming Language
8. Python Programming Language
9. ASP Programming Language
10. Java Programming Language
12. LISP Language
13. Scheme Language etc.
In the Full course, you will learn everything you need to know about Computer Programming with Diploma Certificate to showcase your knowledge and competence.
1. Computer Programming - Introduction
2. Computer Programming - Basic Elements
3. Computer Programming - Environment
4. Computer Programming - Basic Syntax
5. Computer Programming - Data Types
6. Computer Programming - Variables
7. Computer Programming - Keywords
8. Computer Programming - Operators
9. Computer Programming - Decisions
10. Computer Programming - Loops
11. Computer Programming - Numbers
12. Computer Programming - Characters
13. Computer Programming - Arrays
14. Computer Programming - Strings
15. Computer Programming - Functions
16. Computer Programming - File I/O
17. Computer Programming - Summary
18. Computer Programming - Exams and Certification.
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
The Scholarship offer gives you opportunity to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $50 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2019. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology. All Rights Reserved.