Computer Networking is the process involved in connecting computing devices for exchange of information and resources over cable media or wireless media. Cable Media are Wires, Network Cables and Optic Cables, while Wireless Media are WI-FI, Hotspot, Bluetooth, GPS, Radios etc.
Computer Networks are digital telecommunications systems that allows nodes or devices to interconnect and share resources. Early networks of computers included the U.S. military radar system Semi-Automatic Ground Environment (SAGE) dating back In the late 1950s.
1. Securing valuable information
2. Cuts cost on software storage
3. Files accessibility and flexibility
4. Improved storage efficiency and volume
5. Helps to speed up business operations and growth
6. It helps in sharing data between remote offices and branches
7. It helps in sharing videos, pictures, and textfiles
8. It aids communication and transportation
9. It offers convenient resource sharing
10. It allows frequent collaboration
11. It allows free information sharing with speed
12. It increases storage capacity
1. It makes our work stress-free
2. It creates self employment opportunity
3. It creates job opportunity
4. Knowing loops of your network
5. Freedom to choose the best computer networking methods
6. It helps to save money if you can do it yourself
The available types of Computer Networks are as follows:
• LAN : Local Area Network interconnects devices that are not too far from each other, such as a few tens of kilometers apart.
• MAN : Metropolitan Area Network interconnects devices that are up to a few hundred of kilometers apart
• WAN : Wide Area Network interconnects hosts that can be located anywhere in the world.
• GAN : Global Area Network also interconnects hosts that can be located anywhere in the world.
The Key Computer Networking devices are as follows:
5. Access Points,
6. LAN/Network cables,
7. Fiber Optics,
8. Telephone Cables,
9. Copper Cables,
11. Satellite Dishes.
Another Classification of computer networks is based on their Topology.
Network Topology is the pattern in which devices or nodes such as computers, printers, routers and other devices are connected to a Local Area Network (LAN) or other associated networks.
The various Network Topologies are as follows:
1. Bus Topology,
2. Ring Topology
3. Star Topology and
4. Mesh Topology
Computer Network Layers: are regarded as the third level of the (OSI Model) - Open Systems Interconnection Model - This layer provides data routing paths for network communication.
Data is usually transferred in form of packets via logical network paths in an ordered format controlled by the network layer.
1. Physical Layer: This is regarded as Layer 1. The Physical layers is the lowest of the IOS reference model.
2. Data Link Layer (DLL): Regarded as Layer 2. The Datalink Layer is responsible for the node to node delivery of messages.
3. Network Layer: The Layer 3. For transmission of data from one host to the other located in different network.
4. Transport Layer: This is Layer 4. It provides services to application layer and takes services from network layer.
5. Session Layer: The Layer 5. This is responsible for establishment of connection, maintenance of sessions.
6. Presentation Layer: Regarded as the Layer 6. This is also known as translation layer.
7. Application Layer: Application layer is at the very top of the IOS reference model stack of layers.
In the Full course you will learn everything you need to know about Computer Networking with Diploma Certificate to document and showcase your knowledge.
What is Computer Networking
Types of Networks
Parts of a Network
How the Internet Works
Clients and Hosts
Network Interface Card NIC
What is a Protocol?
More on OSI Model
How Binary Code Works
IP Addressing Issues
Subnetting for Beginners
Network IP Address
Creating a Cloud Server
Connecting to a Server with PuTTY
Creating SSH Keys
Changing the Default SSH Port
Setting up a Firewall
Installing Apache and MySQL
Securing PhpMyAdmin with htaccess
Using FileZilla with SFTP
Exams and Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
The Scholarship offer gives you opportunity to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $50 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2019. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology. All Rights Reserved.