Apache Pig is designed for analysing and interpreting large chunk of data. The first version of Apache Pig was released in 2007 by Yahoo, after which its license was released to Apache Foundation. Think of Apache Pig as a scripting platform running on what is known as Apache Hadoop.
For Apache Pig to work, it needs to be compiled using a programming language, and the language used for this purpose is Pig Latin. There is nothing particularly spectacular about Pig Latin – it is just an extension of Ruby and Python, and so if you program in any of the two languages, Pig Latin shouldn’t be much of a problem.
Why bother using Apache Pig in the first place? Well, there are lots of reason to do so.
1. Apache Pig is primarily used for analysing and interpreting large chunk of data, otherwise, would have been difficult for other programming languages.
2. The unique selling point of Apache Pig is its ability to handle huge size of data without breaking up. This has been made possible by the amenable nature of the structure of Apache Pig.
3. Like every other programming platform, Apache pig comes with a compiler. What this compiler does is to produce and execute series of Map-Reduce programs, or transforms as some people prefer to call it. This execution is made possible by the programming language, Pig Latin, which Apache Pig runs on.
4. Apache Pig is highly extensible and flexible.
5. Apache Pig’s structure has been designed in such a way that users can easily create customizable functions, thus making life easy for programmers.
6 Apache Pig is simple to use.
7. While this scripting platform is capable of handling complex data, it is pretty easy to work with. Understanding the lines of code required to execute a set of data transformation is easy as well.
8. Apache Pig offers more efficiency.
9. For an execution to work efficiently, they have to be properly optimized. Apache Pig automatically takes care of the optimization. With optimization taken care of, a programmer can focus on what really matters: semantics.
10. It provides job opportunity.
In the Full Course, you will learn everything you need to know about Apache Pig with Certification to showcase your knowledge/skill gained.
Apache Pig - Introduction/Overview
Apache Pig - Architecture
Apache Pig - Installation
Apache Pig - Execution
Apache Pig - Grunt Shell
Apache Pig - Pig Latin Basics
Apache Pig - Reading Data
Apache Pig - Storing Data
Apache Pig - Diagnostic Operator
Apache Pig - Describe Operator
Apache Pig - Explain Operator
Apache Pig - Illustrate Operator
Apache Pig - Group Operator
Apache Pig - Cogroup Operator
Apache Pig - Join Operator
Apache Pig - Cross Operator
Apache Pig - Union Operator
Apache Pig - Split Operator
Apache Pig - Filter Operator
Apache Pig - Distinct Operator
Apache Pig - Foreach Operator
Apache Pig - Order By
Apache Pig - Limit Operator
Apache Pig - Eval Functions
Apache Pig - Bag & Tuple Functions
Apache Pig - String Functions
Apache Pig - date-time Functions
Apache Pig - Math Functions
Apache Pig - User-Defined Functions
Apache Pig - Running Scripts
Apache Pig - Exams and Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
The Scholarship offer gives you opportunity to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $50 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2019. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology. All Rights Reserved.