An Antenna is an electrical device used in the field of radio and electronics to convert electrical power into radio wave.
Antenna Theory works by radiating the energy from the current supplied by a radio transmitter or radio receiver to its terminal as an electromagnetic waves.
For the Antenna to generate currents at its terminals, it interprets the electromagnetic wave that is amplified by the receiver. Antennas are used to transmit and receive radio signal, and as such are vital in equipment that use radio technology.
Antennas are of different types, and technological application, and generally fall into two categories, which are:
1. Omnidirectional Antennas also called Weak Directional Antennas, these antennas can radiate and receive in all direction, and are used in transmission which the position of the interacting station is not known, and
2. Directional Antenna or Beam Antennas, which are employed when radiating or receiving in a specific direction. An example of omnidirectional antenna is the whip antenna used on cars.
There are many types of Antennas, some of which are:
+ Dipole Antennas,
+ Resonant Antennas,
+ Isotropic Antennas,
+ Monopole Antennas,
+ Loop Antennas,
+ Aperture Antennas,
+ Traveling Wave Antennas.
1. Antennas are used in devices such as cell phones, computer wireless networks, satellite communication, TV and radio broadcasting.
2. Antennas can be used in a whole lot of other communication devices like two way radio, communication receiver and wireless microphones.
3. It is composed of metallic conductors, connected to a transmitter or a receiver for good power gain.
4. Antennas can function over a wide range of frequencies.
5. It offers wider bandwidth.
6. It offers higher directivity.
7. It provides higher power gain.
In the design and selection of an Antenna, some characteristics features that are used to measure performance are considered. Among these characteristics is the antenna’s power gain or just gain. Power gain is the measure of degree of directivity of an antenna’s pattern of radiation.
Antennas with a high power gain will radiate its power in a specific direction while Antennas with a low power gain will radiate their power at a wider angle. To increase the power of power gain its power is channelled in a horizontal direction. Some other characteristics are directional characteristics, efficiency of the antenna, frequency, the impedance of the antenna, polarization, and bandwidth.
In the Full course, you will learn everything you need to know about Antenna Theory with Certification upon successful completion of the exams.
1. Antenna Theory Basic Terms
Antenna Theory - Fundamentals
Antenna Theory - Basic Parameters
Antenna Theory - Parameters
Antenna Theory - Near & Far Fields
Antenna Theory - Radiation Pattern
Antenna Theory - Isotropic Radiation
Antenna Theory - Beam & Polarization
Antenna Theory - Beam Width
Antenna Theory - Reciprocity
Antenna Theory - Poynting Vector
2. Types of Antennas
Antenna Theory - Types of Antennas
Antenna Theory - Wire
Antenna Theory - Half-Wave Dipole
Antenna Theory - Half-Wave Folded Dipole
Antenna Theory - Full-Wave Dipole
Antenna Theory - Short Dipole
Antenna Theory - Long Wire
Antenna Theory - V-Antennas
Antenna Theory - Inverted V-Antenna
Antenna Theory - Rhombic
Antenna Theory - Loop
Antenna Theory - Helical
Antenna Theory - Aperture
Antenna Theory - Horn
Antenna Theory - Slot
Antenna Theory - Micro Strip
Antenna Theory - Lens
Antenna Theory - Parabolic Reflector
3. Antenna Arrays
Antenna Theory - Antenna Arrays
Antenna Theory - Collinear Array
Antenna Theory - Broad-side Array
Antenna Theory - End-fire Array
Antenna Theory - Parasitic Array
Antenna Theory - Yagi-Uda Antenna Theory
Antenna Theory - Log-periodic Antenna Theory
Antenna Theory - Turnstile Antenna Theory
4. Wave Propagation
Antenna Theory - Spectrum & Transmission
Antenna Theory - Types of Propagation
Antenna Theory - Lonosphere & its Layers
Antenna Theory - Terms in Wave Propagation
Antenna Theory - Exams and Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
The Scholarship offer gives you opportunity to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $50 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2019. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology. All Rights Reserved.